AIM: Under the administration of Bai Xian Asia Institute (BXAI), the AFLSP provides a platform on which students and educational institutions in Asia can cultivate lasting relationships based on mutual trust and understanding essential tools for building bridges across cultures.
AFLSP@KU provides a two-year, Japan highest-class scholarship (Year 2019: approx. 150,000 Yen/Month + Admission + Tuition + Program. The amount varies depending on the exchange rate.) with a professional enrichment program.
- 2023/04/04 Orientation (13:00-16:00) and Social gathering (after 16:00)! See Program in 2023.
- 2023/03/23 A T-PBR report by scholars Pang et al. has been published by KUNENAI with this link.
- 2023/01/28 Special lecture: “Modern”“Japanese” “Art”in Kyoto: Collection, Exhibitions, and Debates by Ms Xiangming Chen (Oxford University)
|2021 Year-End Party (Bonenkai)||https://youtu.be/U27bmPchFRk|
|Miyamacho Service Learning 2019 by Ms. Z. Liang (music cut for copyright reason)||https://youtu.be/wfj_Qlmq9E4|
- First check if you graduated from a target school:
|Japan||Kyoto U. (Only those who apply for the (Kyoto University Special Slot)※)|
|China||Peking U., Tsinghua U. (in Beijing), Fudan U., Zhejiang U., Shanghai Jiao Tong U., Xi'an Jiao Tong U., Nanjing U., U. of Science and Technology of China, Nankai U., Wuhan U., China Agricultural U.|
|Hong Kong||The U. of Hong Kong, The Chinese U. of Hong Kong, The Hong Kong U. of Science and Technology, The Hong Kong Polytechnic U., City U. of Hong Kong|
|Taiwan||National Taiwan U., National Tsing Hua U., National Chiao Tung U., National Yang Ming Chiao Tung U., National Chengchi U., National Cheng Kung U., National Chung Hsing U.|
|South Korea||Seoul National U., Korea U., Yonsei U., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Pohang U. of Science and Technology, Sungkyunkwan U. (SKKU)|
|Singapore||National U. of Singapore, Nanyang Technological U., Singapore Management U.|
|Vietnam||Vietnam National U., Hanoi, The U. of Danang, Hue U., Vietnam National U. Ho Chi Minh City|
|Brunei||Universiti Brunei Darussalam|
|Indonesia||Institut Teknologi Bandung, U. of Indonesia, Universitas Gadjah Mada, IPB U.|
|Malaysia||U. of Malaya, Universiti Kebangsaan Malaysia|
|Philippines||U. of the Philippines|
|Thailand||Chulalongkorn U., Mahidol U., Thammasat U., Kasetsart U.|
|India||Indian Institute of Technology Bombay (IITB), Indian Institute of Science, Jawaharlal Nehru U., Banaras Hindu U., Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur (IITK), Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur (IIT-KGP), Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD), Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad (IITH), U. of Delhi|
|Sri Lanka||U. of Colombo|
|Myanmar||U. of Yangon, Yangon Technological U., Yezin Agricultural U., Mandalay Technological U., U. of Forestry and Environmental Science|
- If so, then check if you are qualified by reading the complete Eligibility and Selection Criteria.
- Check the duty of a scholar: A scholar needs to join and complete the program.
- Check the application period: April 1 (Sat) to April 10 (Mon), 2023 (closes at 17:00 p.m. Japan time)
- Read the application guidelines: Japanese, English.
- Check the selection process: Read the Selection Process.
- Prepare the documents: See the Application documents.
(※) Previously, eligible applicants were limited to students who graduated from designated universities in Asia (excluding Japan), and who were admitted to a Kyoto University master’s degree program. However, beginning with applications for entry in October 2022/April 2023, applications will also be accepted from students who have obtained or expect to obtain a bachelor’s degree from Kyoto University and who will enroll in a Kyoto University master’s degree program.
We appreciate every support and help. Thank you!
- Bai Xian Asia Institute provides financial support, summer program and connections.
- Kyoto University provides education, resource, staff for the program and connections.
- AFLSP@KU Committee designs, proposes and implements the program, as well as connections.
- Scholars and alumni join and help the program toward future leaders -- You are the hope of tomorrow!
AFLSP Coordinator, International Student Division, International and General Education Promotion Department, Kyoto University Yoshida Nihonmatsu-cho, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501, Japan